Sunday, June 12, 2016

This time last year.........

This time last year I was getting geared up to have my new hire orientation.  I was busy printing materials out, formatting the evening, making sure that everything for the day was on point.  I was excited, nervous and full of anticipation of creating the team that would make Third Perk the best coffeehouse in Dayton.  As Becca, Courtney, Alyssa, Will, AJ, LaChelle and LaSada worked to jell as a team and craft their skills as barista, I sweated over when the construction would be done.  That seems so long ago.

Today Third Perk is only left with one survivor of the original crew.  Will is a awesome barista and he offers great customer service.  I am thankful that he is still hanging in their.  For many reasons our original crew moved on, and they are missed terribly, but we have a new staff that is fit and ready to serve.

Jamieka is the new Assistant Manager.  She has come in with a mission of taking most of the load of my plate.  Yes I prayed for her and I hope she can hold it up, my plate is heavy.  Jamieka over the course of a few weeks have really gotten to know customers and the way that we do business.  She has really taken ownership of the café.  She is determined to be the best and to make Third Perk a top notched café.  I really appreciate her and her great energy.

Ellen is a seasoned barista/resident artist.  There is Shay who is our shy kitchen assistant who doubles as an inspiring barista.  Rounding out our new additions is Chef Anthony, recent graduate of Sinclair Community College.  He has organized the kitchen, created a wonderful tapas menu and is growing as leader at Third Perk.

Who knows what the next 12 month will lead to with the Third Perk team........

No comments:

Post a Comment