Thursday, May 22, 2014

Third Perk Logo Contest

I believe in the Third Perk Concept!  I believe that the community will support the business once it is open.  I wanted the community to feel as if the business belongs to them.  I felt that it was important to include my Dayton community in the development of the business by allowing artist to compete in the creation of the Third Perk logo.

On February 12th we launch the logo contest at the Dayton Cultural Center.  We had a great turnout.  I provided samples of coffee, sweet treats and appetizers.  Everything was received well.  Now I had to wait to see what type of designs we would receive.

Fast forward to April 15th.  NO LOGOS YET!  Not one.  Ok guys there is a cash prize.  In fact there are several cash prizes and gift cards to the coffeeshop.  No takers?  Not even as a gag?  Maybe the economy isn't as bad as I think.

I sent out a few reminders but by April 24 still no entries.  Now I am concerned.  The following Monday I received the first entry.  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!  It was so cool.  It was a design that I could live with and I believe that passers by would be drawn in.  There were still 4 days left till the end of the contest.  Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday no logos.  I guess contestant number 1 wins hands down.

On Friday 10 more entries came in the mail.  I smiled from ear to ear.  There was not one logo that I did not like.  I am so thankful that the community came through.  I wanted to share with you the top six picks.  If you would like to vote you can do so by going to our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Third-Perk-Coffeehouse-Wine-Bar/1452555654982313?ref=hl

Like the page and then go on to like your favorite logo.  Please don't like more than one design.  Here are the finalist.  Please help us out by casting a vote on our Facebook page.

Contestant 31

Contestant 32
 Contestant 34

Contestant 35

Contestant 40


Contestant 41

2 comments: